If the Heart Rate Parameter was not selected in the Source Settings window of the Dataquest ART Acquisition program prior the acquisition, the Heart Rate parameter series can be manually extracted from the ECG waveform using the procedure described below.
Note: A similar procedure can be applied for extracting Heart Rate from the BP waveform.
- In the main menu of Dataquest ART Analysis program, click File | Load Data and load the Waveform of the animal recording.
- Ensure that in the Segment tab the selection is set to Automatic. (as below)
- Select ECG waveform, right-click, and select Mark Waveform…
In the Waveform Marking Settings window ensure the correct species is selected.
- Right-click the marked ECG Waveform and choose Extract: The ECG.IBI parameter series will be extracted (IBI=InterBeat Interval)
- Right-click on the IBI series and select General Actions | Rate Conversion (BPM).
- Right-click the BPM series and select Generate Statistics Series. Choose First Segment for Start at, and All for Number of Segments if you want to process all loaded ECG recording.
- Right-click the newly generated ECG BPM (Mean), select Properties, and choose Reduced Mean in the Series Information (see below)
- Right-click once more on the ECG BPM (Mean), and choose Extract.
The Reduced Mean is the mathematical calculation that removes data outliers and calculates the arithmetic mean out of the remaining data points.
This new parameter series that is extracted (ECG.BPM.Reduced Mean) is equivalent to the Heart Rate parameter series that is calculated during the acquisition if the Heart Rate was selected in the Source Settings window prior running the acquisition with the Dataquest ART Acquisition program.