This utility allows you to capture Ponemah while in a crashed state and create a dump image developers can use to help locate the problem in the application.
To run the Dump Utility:
- In order to capture a dump file for Ponemah 5.xx or 6.xx, the application must remain in the crashed state, do not close the message box until the dump file has completed.
- If there is a second instance of the application that is running properly, like Review while Acquiring close that application since the dump utility will not capture the image of the crashed application.
- Place the contents of the zip in the folder C:\Dump\DumpFile.
- While the application is still displaying the crash dialog, right click on the PPP3FullDump.bat and Run as Administrator.
- There will be a .dmp file created under C:\Dump.
- It is important to know the version and service pack level otherwise development will not know what symbols to use to read the dump file.
- There are 3 batch files under the directory. It is recommend using PPP3FullDump.bat. The downside is the created dump file can be huge but it gives the best information.
- You can use the batch file to get a snap shot of PPP3 anytime when PPP3 is running. Its usage is not limited to terminal state. However, PPP3 will terminate after running the command.
- Please keep a note about the steps to get a problem with a dump file. This will help a lot to interpret dump files.
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact Us