This utility allows you to capture Ponemah while in a crashed state and create a dump image developers can use to help locate the problem in the application.
Ponemah versions 5.3 or greater will automatically generate a dump file when Ponemah enters a crashed state. The dump files can be found in the Ponemah Data Folder: C:\Ponemah_Data
To run the Dump Utility:
- In order to capture a dump file for Ponemah v5.2 or less or v6.xx, the application must remain in the crashed state, do not close the message box until the dump file has completed.
- If there is a second instance of the application that is running properly, like Review while Acquiring close that application since the dump utility will not capture the image of the crashed application.
- While the application is still displaying the crash dialog, right click on the PPP3FullDump.bat at the appropriate Default Location and select to Run as Administrator .
- Ponemah v6.x: C:\Ponemah\Utils\DumpUtil\
- Ponemah v5.x: C:\Ponemah\Utilities\DumpUtil\
- There will be a .dmp file created under C:\Dump.
- There are 3 batch files under the directory. It is recommend using PPP3FullDump.bat. The downside is the created dump file can be huge but it gives the best information.
- You can use the batch file to get a snap shot of PPP3 anytime when PPP3 is running. Its usage is not limited to terminal state. However, PPP3 will terminate after running the command.
When communicating with Technical Support, please provide the Ponemah version number in addition to what steps lead up to the system in a crashed state.