The Ponemah Support Application utility collects relevant system information needed for troubleshooting and compresses it into a .zip file that can be sent to DSI for review. Once the application has finished processing, the files are stored in the C:\Temp\DSI_Support\ folder and are named with a prefix according to the Ponemah license number that is associated with that system. Information collected includes Windows Log files, Ponemah Log files, file versions and information on programs installed on the workstation. This utility must be run by a Windows Administrator.
Running the Application
The Support Application must be run as a Windows Administrator. If logged in as a user, the Support Application will prompt you for Administrator credentials.
- Browse to C:\Ponemah\Utilities\SupportApplication\SupportApplication.exe or select Support Application under the Ponemah folder in the start menu.
- Double-click on SupportApplication.exe to run the application.
- You may be prompted to allow access to this application; select Yes.
- If you have multiple version of Ponemah installed on the same workstation (not recommended) you will be presented with the following dialog and asked to browse to the location of the Ponemah Runtime folder. This is the location selected when installing the program and the default location is “Ponemah”.
- Select the folder and click the OK button.
- In the dialog presented, enter a date range of interest. Be sure to include all days that may contain relevant information to help capture the necessary information for troubleshooting the existing issue. It is not recommended to set a very large date range, as this file may be too large to process and open.
- After entering the date range, select Generate to begin pulling files and information.
- When the application has completed, you will see a message at the bottom of the dialog stating “Done! Zipping Support.xlsx”.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the Temp folder located on the C drive (C:\temp). A sub folder, DSI_Support, will be created automatically and contain the output files from the Support Application utility. The primary files of interest are shown below along with this information in a .zip file.
- Send only the .zip file to DSI, as it contains the necessary, helpful information.
To learn more about additional Ponemah Utilities, click HERE.