How to create a RVW file or repair a Jump table if Ponemah 5.x closes unexpectedly
- The user does not have a Review (.RVW) file for their acquisition, but they have a Protocol (.PRO), Waveform (.RAW), and Jump (.JMP) file.
- The user couldn't stop their acquisition because Ponemah 5.x closed unexpectedly (i.e. due to a power outage, etc).
When Ponemah closes unexpectedly during an acquisition, the software is unable to close out the .RAW file that was being saved, and it is unable to create a .RVW file. As a result, the user will notice that they have a .RAW file and a .JMP file for the acquisition, and they will not be able to open the dataset in Review Mode.
The user can replay the .RAW file to create a .RVW file for analysis by the following steps. If the user receives an error "Jump file is missing or corrupt", additional instructions are provided below to repair the jump file.
- Open Ponemah.
- From the drop down at the top of the main Ponemah window, select File -> Open Protocol.
- In the Open Protocol dialog, select the .PRO (protocol) file that was used to perform the acquisition. Click Open.
- From the drop down at the top of the main Ponemah window, select Replay -> Replay Filename.
- In the Replay Filename dialog, select the .RAW file for the acquisition that needs to be replayed. Click Open.
- From the drop down at the top of the main Ponemah window, select Replay -> Data Set Name.
- In the Data Set Name dialog, enter a filename for the replayed file. Click Save.
- From the drop down at the top of the main Ponemah window, select Replay -> Start Replay.
- Let the replay run for a few seconds.
- From the drop down at the top of the main Ponemah window, select Functions-> Stop Replay.
Jump file is missing or corrupt
If the user replays the acquisition and receives an error "Jump file is missing or corrupt", the following steps will repair the jump file.
- Follow steps 1-8 above.
- After a few seconds of replaying the data, click the Jump icon in the main Ponemah toolbar (binoculars icon).
- In the Jump dialog, jump to the beginning of the dataset (elapsed time 0000:00:00) and Click OK.
- The software will prompt the user to repair the jump table, Click OK.
- A dialog will appear to indicate the progress of the repair.
- When the repair is finished, the replay will continue. Continue replaying for a few seconds.
- From the drop down at the top of the main Ponemah window, select Function -> Stop Replay.
Please sign in to leave a comment.