To configure cameras within Noldus Media Recorder:
- Launch Ponemah.
- Open the appropriate Experiment.
- Select the Hardware menu | Video Configuration to launch Noldus Media Recorder.
- Click the Settings button or choose the File menu | Settings.
- (Optional) Update the name of the video camera.
The name specified here will be displayed within Ponemah during the Camera assignment process.
- Select RTSP IP Cameras from the dropdown list under Video Device.
- Click the Camera Icon to access the advanced settings.
- Complete the Camera Settings dialog with the camera's IP Address obtained from the IP Camera Setup section and ONVIF username and password, then click Get device properties.
- Click OK.
- Select the desired Frame Rate and Resolution.
The available options will depend on the camera model. By default, the optimal combination of frame rate and resolution for the camera is selected. If you increase the frame rate, the maximum resolution available goes down and vice versa. If you select an impossible combination of frame rate and resolution and format, Media Recorder gives a warning.
- Add subsequent cameras by enabling the checkbox under the Use header.
- Repeat steps 5-10 for additional cameras.
- Click OK to close the Media Recorder Settings dialog.
- Once camera setup is complete, choose File | Exit to close Noldus Media Recorder and return to Ponemah to associate the cameras to the desired subjects.
Note: Please keep the default settings for Output Settings, Timer Settings, File Location, and File Base Name.
This article was published directly from the manual of Ponemah 6.5; access the manual through the software by clicking Help | Contents.