Connecting to a Data Collection Session Remotely in FinePointe
Networked FinePointe systems include a feature that permits a user on one computer to remotely monitor or control a data collection session on another computer. To use this feature, the system must include a FinePointe Controller computer and at least one Member server computer.
Note:Remote control cannot be used from a Review Client-Only installation because FinePointe Station in not included.
- Launch a data collection session on the FinePointe Controller server or one of the Member servers. This computer will be referred to as System 1.
- On a 2nd computer, launch FinePointe. This computer will be referred to as System 2.
- On System 2, navigate to the Laboratory Home page.
- In the Station section on the right, locate and hover the mouse over the Station to which you want to connect.
- If a data recording session is Active, a magnifying glass symbol will appear in the upper right corner of the Station icon. A Monitor Session button will appear in the lower left corner.
- Click the purple Monitor Session button.
- Station will open and connect to the session on System 1 in Monitoring Mode.
Note: In this mode, you cannot control the task sequence or end the session. You can control, view settings, displayed events, and any other options that don’t affect the execution of the experiment. The changes you make will only appear in Station on System 2.
- To gain full control of the session from System 2, communicate with the user that is operating System 1 and request control. The best way to do this is to use the FinePointe Chat feature.
- From the Laboratory Home page, click the Chat icon on the main toolbar.
- The Chat dialog will open. Type your request for control message and click the Send button.
- On system 1 the following message will appear:
- The user on System 1 needs to release control of the system.
Note: Only one computer can control a session at any given time.
- To do this, select the Sessions menu | Release Control from the main toolbar in Station on System 1.
- At this time no one is controlling Station on System 1. The user on System 2 must select the Session menu | Request Control from the main toolbar in Station on System 2.
- The user on System 2 now has full remote control of the data collection session for the hardware connected to System 1. They will be able to control the task sequence and end the session remotely.
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact Us
Please sign in to leave a comment.