This procedure describes the steps required to upgrade a FinePointe license dongle using a license upgrade file. The purpose of the upgrade is to enable a new version of FinePointe, or to add new features to an existing FinePointe system, or to install a Temporary FinePointe License. The license upgrade file may have been received via email, on a USB flash drive, or directly from a DSI representative. If you require any assistance during this installation, please contact DSI technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The FinePointe Controller server PC (computers which hosts the FinePointe software)
- A Microsoft Windows Administrator account on the FinePointe Controller PC.
- The license dongle upgrade file. This file type ends with the “.mlf” extension.
- The FinePointe license dongle (Sentinel HASP HL dongle).
To upgrade the license file:
- Copy the license file you received from DSI to the Windows desktop of the computer that has the FinePointe Controller program installed (This file may need to be unzipped first).
- Make sure the FinePointe license dongle is attached to the computer.
- Launch FinePointe Control Panel and log in using the Windows Administrator account.
- Click the View License Details button. The view will take a few seconds to open while it retrieves the license information.
- The attached dongle information should be displayed. This includes the HASP ID, FinePointe version, and enabled options.
- In the “License Management” section on the top toolbar, click the Install button.
- A Windows file browser dialog will open. Navigate to the Windows desktop and select the license file you copied there in step #1.