The PhysioTel Digital acquisition interface was initially released supporting four implants per CLC. With Ponemah v5.20-SP9 (Service Pack 9) and Ponemah v6.33, the number of implants supported per CLC was increased to six.
Note: the maximum number of subjects supported per acquisition workstation remains at 16 per system. In order to utilize six animals per frequency, specific versions of the software, as well as Implant and CLC firmware, must be met.
Accessing the Supported Number of Animals per Frequency
The number of implants that can be assigned to one CLC will depend on the combination of CLC and Implant firmware version:
*CLC Firmware v0.1.28 is required for use with Ponemah v5.20-SP9+ and Ponemah v6.33+.
^ The maximum number of implants per CLC for China is 5, which is also the default setting in the CLC Diagnostic Settings webpage.
Configuring the CLC to work with 4 or 6 Subjects per CLC
The CLC will default to using the 4 implant settings regardless of firmware combination (China default is 5). To enable 6 implant support:
- Launch the the CLC Diagnostics webpage.
- Select the CLC Settings link.
- Update the MaxImplantCount from 4 to 6.
- Click Save.
- No reboot is required for this change.
- This setting will persists between power cycles.
- It will default back to 4 after a firmware upgrade, like most settings.
- Implants with newer (v1.62816+) and older firmware versions can be used simultaneous so long as the MaxImplantCount field is set to “4” in the CLC Settings webpage. Using the system in this configuration will limited the number of implants per CLC to four.