FinePointe may be configured to use one of the following two user authentication systems:
- FinePointe Username & Password
- Windows Domain authentication
This article describes how to configure the system to use the Windows Domain authentication to log into FinePointe. To do this:
- Ensure Use Windows Security is checked in the FinePointe Control Panel Security Policies settings.
Note: Other security settings are disabled because minimum password length, password expiration, etc. will be handled by the domain controller.
- Users must be created as follows:
- Windows Authentication must be selected
- The login name might be one of the following syntaxes:
Depending on the security environment, the domain may need to be included in the user name specification. Either domain\username or username@domain may need to be specified.
On member servers and review clients, you may need to edit FinePointeClient.xml, and set UseNTLogin to True in the "knowncontroller" line: