This procedure describes the steps required to upgrade a FinePointe license dongle using a license upgrade file. The purpose of the upgrade is to enable a new version of FinePointe, or to add new features to an existing FinePointe system, or to install a Temporary FinePointe License. The license upgrade file may have been received via email, on a USB flash drive, or directly from a DSI representative. If you require any assistance during this installation, please contact DSI technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The FinePointe Controller server PC (computers which hosts the FinePointe software)
- A Microsoft Windows Administrator account on the FinePointe Controller PC.
- The license dongle upgrade file. This file type ends with the “.mlf” extension.
- The FinePointe license dongle (Sentinel HASP HL dongle).
To upgrade the license file:
1. Copy the license file you received from DSI to the Windows desktop of the computer that has the FinePointe™ Controller program installed (The license file may need to be unzipped first).
2. Make sure the FinePointe™ USB license dongle is attached to the workstation.
3. Launch the FinePointe™ Control Panel and log in using a Windows Administrator account.
4. Click the View License Details button. The view will take a few seconds to open while FinePointe™ retrieves the license information.
5. The attached dongle information should be displayed. This includes the HASP ID, FinePointe™ version, and enabled options.
6. In the License Management section on the top tool bar, click the “Install” button.
7. The Install FinePointe™ License dialog should open.
8. Select (1) I have a license file and then (2) click the Select license file button.
9. A Windows file browser dialog should open. Navigate to the folder you copied the license file to in step #1 above. (1) Select the license file and then (2) click the Open button.
10. FinePointe™ will upgrade the USB license dongle. A success message should appear.
11. Close the success message.
12. In the License Management section on the top tool bar, select the “Re-read license” button.
13. After a few seconds, the displayed license information will refresh. The new options that were added by the upgrade should appear.
14. Verify the new version and/or features that have been added.
15. Close the FinePointe™ Control Panel.
16. This completes the license file installation procedure.