Below is a guide to installation and what to look/watch out for when installing or upgrading to an MX2 system
- MX2 is being used and a high amount of data dropout (HD implants) or signal noise (Legacy implants) would be seen, similar to what is seen with RF noise.
- The signal indicators (Carrier lights) on the RPC-1's were always on, even with no transmitters in the room.
MX2 & Receiver Isolation
Isolation is required either at the receiver side or power side to prevent unbalanced ground returns back to the POE power source. See Figure 1
- Installing the MX2 using a common POE switch between 2 or more MX2s requires isolation between receivers.
- Installing the MX2 using the AC/DC adapter as the power source doesn’t require isolation between receivers when more than one MX2s are being used. This is because each MX2 has its own isolated power source (similar to the DEM).
MX2 & DEM Dual System Acquisition
Installing two parallel systems will need to take care in the grounding of the DEM and MX2 power supplies. See Figure 2
- If a DEM receiver is stacked on top of an MX2 receiver, or vice versa, you’ll need to make sure the power is from the same AC source or power strip.
- Ground the two DEM and MX2 chassis together.