FinePointe Review will not launch
The FinePointe Review software fails to start from the desktop. This issues also occurs when attempting to launch FinePointe Review from any other location in Windows.
1. FinePointe Review will not launch from the following locations:
- The Windows desktop
- The Start menu
- The Taskbar
- The FinePointeReview.exe executable file will not launch from the C:\Program Files\DSI\FinePointe folder
2. When attempting to launch the FinePointe Review executable file directly from the C:\Program Files\DSI\FinePointe folder, the following Windows error might appear:
Invalid license data. Reinstall is required
This issue is caused by a corrupt FinePointeClient.xml file. This problem can be resolved by deleting the corrupt file and launching FinePointe Review again. This will force the system to create a new version of the file. Instructions are below.
- In Windows File Explorer, navigate to this folder: C:\FinePointe Data
- Delete the file named FinePointeClient.xml. (See the image following these step for details)
- Launch FinePointe Review. The login dialog will appear and all fields will be blank
- Select your FinePointe server from the FinePointe Server field and enter your user name and password
- Click the OK button. FinePointe Review should launch
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact Us
Please sign in to leave a comment.