These instructions are provided to explain how to return your transmitters for exchange. If you follow these procedures, we can begin processing your Transmitter Exchange Order immediately and avoid potential delays in returning your exchanged transmitters. Please contact your DSI sales representative or DSI Customer Service (email@example.com) with any additional questions.
- Explanted transmitters may constitute a biohazard! To prevent delays, carefully follow the cleaning and sterilization instructions using a DSI-approved process as outlined in the On-site Cleaning and Resterilization tech notes located at Implant Cleaning & Sterilization.
Note: Shipments that have not been cleaned and sterilized will be charged a $100 USD handling fee per transmitter. These products are subject to transportation regulations as published by the US DOT or ICAO or your carrier. If the products are fully decontaminated, they may be exempted or excepted from part or all of the requirements (including packaging, marking, labeling, and documentation).
- Obtain a purchase order before returning the product. One of the most common reasons for delays in the shipment of exchanged transmitters is the lack of a purchase order. Please ensure that you use a valid purchase order. An internal purchase requisition is not acceptable. Orders will not be entered until DSI Customer Service receives a paper copy of the purchase order.
- Complete the Transmitter Exchange Order Form. A copy of the Transmitter Exchange Order Form must accompany your shipment. Copies of this form are available on our website: www.datasci.com.
a) Enter your DSI Customer Number, company name, and date. If you do not know your customer number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Enter the first and last name of the lab contact and include their email, telephone number, and fax number including country and/or area codes. Please print clearly. Please do not use initials.
c) Enter the first and last name of the purchasing contact and include their email, telephone number, and fax number including country and/or area codes. Please print clearly. Please do not use initials.
d) Indicate the method of payment. Be sure to include a valid purchase order number or credit card number. If paying by credit card, include the expiration date and the cardholder's name, as it appears on the card.
e) Indicate the number of units returned, and the model name or catalog number of the returned devices. Please include the length of implantation and serial numbers of all returned devices.
f) Include the catheter length desired on exchanged transmitters and indicate any special requests such as suture tabs, pads, etc for the transmitters you wish to receive back. All products will be built to our standard specifications unless otherwise noted.
g) Please indicate the method of return delivery desired.
- Pack the products carefully for the return shipment. Place transmitters in the original package or in a zip-lock bag. Place the packaged transmitters in a box with adequate packing material to prevent damage during shipment. If possible, use the original shipping box you received with your transmitters. Please do not place transmitters alone in a box full of packing material since small transmitters can easily be lost.
- Make a copy of the Transmitter Exchange Order Form for your own records, and put the original along with a paper copy of the purchase order in the box with your transmitters.
• There is an additional fee per transmitter for any special transmitter request.
• Any freight and/or clearance charges (value-added tax and duties) billed to DSI, for shipments sent to DSI, will be billed back to the customer.
• There is a minimum order of $50 USD unless paying by credit card.
• If you experienced problems or failures with any of your transmitters, please contact DSI Technical Services and refer to the Returning Products to DSI for Investigation instructions.