- Can we use this process to ship to DSI Headquarters
This process is designed to ship the goods from the client site directly to the DSI USA HQ address. The DSI USA HQ address is hard coded to the shipping documentation within the UPS Returns Portal system. This is to ensure all freight, taxes/fees are charged to DSI. As a reminder – our site in The Netherlands was closed as of December 2018.
- What Value do I enter for the exchange or repair? The webpage currently states a value of $10.00 USD.
- The system has a default value entered by UPS. Please do not change this value as it will flag Customs to contact you to obtain further information. This may also cause the package to be returned to the sender.
- Should I add insurance to the shipment?
- DSI is responsible for the shipment once picked up by UPS due to the DDP Incoterms. Insurance is not necessary for this shipment due to the Incoterms.
- What happens if the shipment is damaged or lost if the value is at $10.00?
- DSI is responsible for the shipment once picked up by UPS due to the DDP Incoterms. If the shipment is damaged or lost by UPS, DSI will replace the products at no charge to the customer.
- Why did I not get a Shipping Label to print?
- When selecting UPS On-Call Pickup Apt you will not receive a shipping label or commercial invoice print. The UPS driver will bring the label and documentation when picking up the package.
- If you selected View, Print, and Email – Please check your email inbox (or spam folder) and follow the instructions on this email message to print the label and Commercial Invoice documents.
- Please make sure you are allowing pop-up screens in the browser.
- Is a Foreign Shippers Declaration needed when using the DSI UPS Returns Portal?
The Foreign Shippers Declaration is only required for commodities valued over $2,500.00 that are claimed to be duty-free under HTS Code 9801.00.1090. This document should not be needed if the value of the products remains at the $10.00 default price.