Once DSI Reporting is initialized, it will ask to be reinitialized after rebooting the PC.
- Navigate to the following DSIR Registry location:
- Windows 7 32-bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\INDS-INC]
- Windows 7 64-bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\INDS-INC]
- Right-click in the INDS-INC folder and select New | String Value.
- Create the following string values:
These strings are case sensitive.
- Double-click on InitRan and type in Yes for Value data. Click OK.
- Double-click SqlScriptVersion and type in 3 for Value data. Click OK.
- Reboot the computer.
The issue is that the Office 2013 version installed on the computer is known as Click-to-Run. Click-to-Run allows a user to use Microsoft Office before it’s completely downloaded to a computer using virtualization technology. It handles the Windows registry in a different way than a normal standard version of Office. As a result it seems like it is able to intercept registry changes from Office Addons (such as DSIR) and place them under its own registry tree. That tree can be wiped occasionally due to the virtualization environment. This is likely what is causing the issue we’ve encountered where DSIR suddenly needs to be re-initialized