This procedure describes how to replace the RC mouse table transducer block PN: 010160-001 (TRD, FPRC, MOUSE). This is the black aluminum block located at the center of the table. This block contains the pressure and flow transducers that are connected to the manifold. See figures 1 and 2 below.
Figure 1. Assembled RC mouse table with the flow and pressure transducer block circled.
Figure 2. RC mouse table with all components removed except the manifold, transducer block, and heated bed controller.
- One 1/16" hex screw wrench or screwdriver
FinePointe RC Mouse Table Transducer Block Replacement Procedure
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and remove it from the table.
- Unplug all transducer and nebulizer cables from the front of the RC controller unit.
- Unplug the USB cable and the power cable from the back of the RC controller unit.
- Remove the RC controller unit from the RC table.
- Remove the RC chamber bell from the table.
- Remove all tubing from the RC table.
- If present, disconnect the ECG ground wire from the heated bed. You should be able to pull it off with your fingers.
- Remove the heated bed from the chamber manifold and set aside. Pull it away from the manifold to remove.
- Remove the aerosol block and connector tube from the RC table.
- The RC mouse table should look like Figure 2 above at this point. Note the position of the square black RC table transducer block next to the manifold. This is the part you will be replacing.
- Turn the RC table over and lay it on a soft surface so you don’t damage the top.
- Remove the flow and pressure transducer cables from the cable cutouts and plastic cable retainers. See Figure 3 below.
- Remove the four 1/16" hex screws from the base of the transducer block and set them aside. You will need the 1/16" hex wrench or screwdriver for this task. See Figure 3 below.
- Carefully turn the table over while holding the transducer block in place. Take note of how the two prongs on the side of the manifold are inserted into the transducer block. See Figure 4 below.
- Carefully remove the transducer block and cables from the manifold and table. Set aside and keep the old block separate from the new block you are installing.
- Route the two cables on the new transducer block through the block mounting cutout on the table. Don't worry about routing them through the plastic retainers and cable cutouts yet.
- Connect the transducer block to the prongs on the manifold and hold it in place over the four mounting holes on the table. See Figure 4 below.
- Carefully turn the table over while holding the transducer block in place.
- Install the the four 1/16" hex screws that you set aside in step # 13. Do not over tighten the screws or you could damage the aluminum threads. They should be the same tightness as they were when removed. See Figure 3 below.
- Route the flow and pressure transducer cables through the plastic retainers and into the correct cable cutouts. The flow transducer has a blue cable connector and it is routed through the left cutout. The pressure transducer has a green cable connector and it is routed through the cable cutout next to the flow transducer cable. See Figure 3 below.
- Turn the table over and reconnect all of the parts that you removed in steps 1-9 above.
- Calibrate the unit to test the installation.
- This completes the installation procedure.
Figure 3. The underside of the RC mouse table showing the transducer block connections.
Figure 4. Connecting the transducer block to the manifold prongs.
Figure 5. Exploded view of the RC mouse table assembly