When trying to restore a study, the following error shows :
However, the study no longer exists in FinePointe.
This happens because something went wrong when the study was deleted. Although the study is no longer listed in FinePointe, the corresponding database is still present in the SQL server.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Open FinePointe Review
- Open the study you are about to delete.
- Show the data from an animal.
- Click the Home button.
- Right-click the study to delete, and select Delete Study.
- Click Yes, to confirm deletion
- FinePointe will display the message 'Deleting Study XYZ'.
- You will notice that the messages stays on the screen longer than normal. At this point, the study is no longer listed in FinePointe; however, it's still in the SQL database.
- The error described above will show if you try to restore the deleted study.
To avoid the issue with future Studies:
- After opening the recording for an animal, and clicking the home button, pause for at least 10 seconds before deleting the study.
This workaround does not seem to work in all cases.
- Delete a study immediately after opening FinePointe.
- Run SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the FinePointe instance.
- Expand 'Databases'.
- Right click the study you need to delete, and select Delete.
- Confirm Deletion.
- You should be able to restore the study now.