The Ponemah Data Acquisition system automates the collection of physiologic data via wireless telemetry.
Note: Please do not power any devices until directed in the appropriate step. As a courtesy, DSI has included the colored cables referenced in the figure below with the system. However, any color standard Cat5e or Cat6e Ethernet cables may be used in system set-up.
To connect your hardware:
- Connect the red Ethernet cable from the output of the router (1) to a non- PoE port on the switch (2).
- Connect the orange Ethernet cable from the PC (3) to a non-PoE port on the switch (2).
- Connect the yellow Ethernet cable from the J1-Ethernet jack on the APR-2 (4) to a PoE port on the switch (2).
- Power up the Router (1). This may take up to two minutes. See router user documentation to learn how to tell when it is fully powered up.
- After the Router has fully booted, power up the switch (2). This may take up to two minutes.
- After the switch is powered up, connect the blue Ethernet cable from the network connection jack of the Matrix 2.0 (MX2) (5) or the Communication Link Controller (CLC) (5) to one of the PoE ports on the switch (2).
- The MX2/CLC (5) should power up in about 1.5 minutes, but can take up to 5 minutes. The front panel LEDs indicate when the MX2/CLC is ready.
- Connect the individual RPC/RSC/RMC/TRX cables to the receiver (RCVR/TRX) connections on the back of the MX2/CLC (5).
- If using PhysioTel Digital, connect TRXs in sequential order starting at jack 1. This will optimize communication with the Digital Implants for the best experience.
Note: If a PoE switch is not available, the individual components will need their own individual power supplies. If the router and switch are not powered up first, the MX2/CLC will boot up without an IP address, resulting in flashing Error LED. Once the router and switch complete their boot up process, the MX2/CLC will obtain the address and the Error light will stop blinking.
The following example illustrates the hardware setup when using an APR-1 with E2S-1.
Next Getting Started Section: